Friday, December 12, 2008

First Post


So, I have been doing a little bit of research on blogging, and I have found it to be so intriguing that I am going to give it a shot.

So, about me. I love to cook, so I am pretty sure a big topic will be food. Living and cooking in Germany is definitely NOT like living and cooking in the US. You don't get the same products, so you are having to find substitutions or make replacements for things. I have found that the end result is actually better! It is because of this experimentation in the kitchen that I have honed in on my culinary skills. So I guess, my next adventure is going to be putting these skills to the test.

I teach English to adults here in the area. It is pretty fun. Some days are much more stressful than others, so I'm sure that will also be a topic of conversation...especially on those trying days when I just need to let some steam off!

I think that for the next month, I am going to try to be cooking/baking at least one thing a day. I think this will be an interesting and fun challenge.

I am married to a wonderful guy. He is German and the reason that I live in Germany now. I met him my junior year at the University of Colorado at Boulder. We had a long distance relationship there for a while since he was an exchange student, and I decided that I would move over here for a year and try out the whole expat thing. I liked it, but I after a year, I went back to the states to continue studying.

Now, we are happily married (hence the wedding photo) and we have a four-legged furry son named Charlie. He is a bit hyper, and I think he has ADD. We are now taking him to the Hundeschule here in Weiden, so I guess I'll be talking about that as well. "The adventures of raising a bi-lingual dog"...that sounds like a good title...

So, let's let the adventures begin...

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you do not have to date anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I fond your blog through someone who found mine...weird how this works.
    I'm a South African living in Germany, married to a South African/German - he came over 5 years ago on a working contract ( SA company in Germany ) I came over 4 years later...

    I have 3 children back in Cape Town, all adults and three grandchildren, with one on the way next month.
    I do go home at least once a year to see the children and family.
    I'm finding life here good, but very lonely...I have been through a rough week with my emotions...but hopefully things are looking up again, as I am going back home the end of Feb for two months so have something to look forward to.
    I cant speak German and living in a little town its not that easy so we looking at moving to Fulda as there are a few English speaking people there and hopefully friendlier than these country people.
    I live in Lauterbach so would be interested to hear what the distance is between us...
    I'm pleased to have found someone in my situation...will be following your blog...

    Marcelle

    ReplyDelete