Take the crust out of the fridge and roll it out on a floured surface. With the recipe that I gave in the last post, it makes 2-nine inch pie crusts...or in my case, a top and a bottom crust (with some left over).
You've got the pie crust all rolled out, so place it nicely in the pan...What I do is I fold it in half then place the fold in roughly the middle of the pan and then fold it out. I just find it easier, but be careful, because the crust has a tendency to tear...I just put a bit of crust over the tear, especially since it's the bottom layer, and no one will see it. :)
I cut off the excess crust, you know, the stuff hanging over the sides...but that's just me, you can do your crust how you please.
After you cover the pie with whatever crust topping method you choose, brush an egg wash over it. It makes the crust pretty. What I also do is sprinkle some sugar on top since I always liked having that extra crunchy sugary goodness.
So, now you're ready to go. Be sure that you have a cookie tray in the oven because this sucker like to run over sometimes.
Put your pie in the preheated 425 F (220-ish C) oven. You'll want to bake it at this heat for 15 minutes, then turn it down to 375 F (190-ish C) and bake for another 50-60 minutes. Seriously, it takes this long! If the crust starts to burn, just cover those parts with foil.
Let it stand for about 15 - 20 minutes before devouring it! Trust me...you'll burn your tongue if you don't. Enjoy it with whipped cream or ice cream or both. Personally, I like it plain. It is just so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment