Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phoenix

Phoenix was wonderful! My grandmother lives there. She is such a wonderful woman (hey gram!!) and it is always fun to go and visit. We did loads while we were there.

Amelia and I getting searched at the airport...
We met up with one of her best friends, Sandra. She is a great lady too. Always a great conversation with those two!

We headed to the Senior Center so that Grammy could show Amelia off. Amelia loves old people and old people love her, so it is really a win-win right there!

We also hit up this store called "Last Chance". It is a great store if you are prepared to dig through stuff to find the really good deals. This is a part of the Nordstrom's stores and it is the last place the clothes go before going...well, I don't know where. You can tell that some of the stuff has been worn...some more than others...but most of the time you can find some awesome things. I got Amelia a cute pair of Ugg houseshoes for 10 bucks, and a pair of sparkly purple converse for 13! I got a pair of Born shoes for 20 and 2 Michael Kors shirts for 10 buck each! That is awesome!
We hung out at the house a bit too. Amelia loved being able to be outside, especially since it was 90F most of the time, she was able to run around in just her diaper and even be able to play in a large pail of water. She LOVED this!


I had to keep her on Texas time, so this made the mornings REALLY early. I'm talking 5:30 or so. Blah! So that was the only down part...but hey, a bit of coffee helps a lot in these situations!

We also went out for Mexican food. I can't get enough of it, and it turns out that Amelia really likes it too...however, this night, she REALLY liked ice. Fern's ice to be exact. (Side note: Fern is my Grammy's boyfriend! So cute!) She just stuck her hand right in his water and grabbed some ice. She kept doing this. It was hilarious!


She was also pretty freaking cute at night. Grammy made her a make-shift high chair with an office chair and loads of pillows. Amelia LOVED this! She could lounge, put her feet on the table and basically be stinking cute!
After dinner most nights, she was also in a good mood. She loved the big mirror that Grammy has in her hallway and I caught her playing peek-a-boo with her reflection! How cute is that!


All in all, we had a great time in Phoenix and I can't wait to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment