Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sleep...Oh how I miss you

And now, let the pity party begin...

I have no idea what is going on with Amelia, but no matter what I seem to do, she is rocking and rolling and ready for the day at 5:30ish, give or take 15 minutes.  Seriously.  Every. Single. Day.  No giving mommy or daddy a break. 

Well, ok.  Let's be honest.  Markus is in Dusseldorf with the Musikzug from Saturday until early Tuesday morning, so Daddy is definitely getting a break.   I'm trying hard not to be jealous of his time to be out and about with friends, do whatever he wants, go to bed when he wants, him getting to sleep in (even though he went to bed last night at 3 and woke up at 8:45).  But I have to admit, it is quite hard NOT to be jealous. 

This is his hobby, and I accept that.  But it is just hard on such a lack of sleep.  I am jealous through and through.  I know what I want for Mother's Day this year.  A night or two of uninterrupted sleep.  Most likely won't happen, but one can always hope right. ;)

However, it is awesome that I am in Hirschau this weekend, so Oma watched after Amelia this morning so that I could go and lay back down.  Bless her.  I was only able to sleep for about 20 or so minutes because I had already had about 2 cups of pretty strong coffee. 

So, today, coffee is my best friend.  I know I'll give Amelia a bath tonight, so she'll pass out around 7 with no problems, and then I'm going to crawl into bed, too.

Ok, pity party is over....for now anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment