Dear Bild am Sonntag,
You have lost a reader. Not that I'm a loyal reader or anything, but I will definitely NEVER read/buy your "newspaper" again. As I was flipping through todays paper, something caught my eye...something of GREAT importance. You had an article in there about one of the people in a famous photo from September 11, 2001 after the fall of the World Trade Towers. I read the headline, then DIRECTLY under the headline...something caught my eye...I'll see if you, my lovely readers, catch it...even if you don't read German, you should be able to catch this one...
Yeah, you catch that too!!! YOU PUT IN 9. SEPTEMBER 2001!!!! THE COMPLETELY WRONG DATE!! So, me, being quite infuriated, give them a call. Do you want to know the excuse that was given to me: "Oh, the writer probably had an issue with the way Americans write their dates, you know, they call it 9.11.2001". Yes lady. I am American. I know how to write the effing date...both in the US AND in Germany and if your writers don't, then they should be damn well fired. Not only that, wasn't this article, which was on page 15, supposed to be read by an editor??? Listen Michael Remke (the author of this piece which I didn't read because I was absolutely infuriated), you need to catch up on the times here. If you don't know that 9.11 is September 11, then really, should you be writing a piece about one of the most important events in American history?? Come the eff on!!!
Ok, I have to stop now before I work myself into a tizzy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If they confused with the way Americans write dates, why didn't they say November 9th (9.11 auf Deutsch), which should have given them a clue?
ReplyDeleteWhat they used was 9.9.2001. Of course, this is the Bild Zeitung we're talking about..... Need we say more?