Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wieder in Deutschland

We got back today, June 9, to good ol' Deutschland. Amelia did amazingly well on the flights again. She was just a bit pissed on the first flight because she was so freaking tired. She fell asleep right before I went through security in Austin and I had to get her up because they wouldn't let me go through with her in the ergobaby...ok, fine. But after about 5 or so minutes of screaming...and I mean screaming...she fell asleep for about 2 hours. Awesome! Then we played for the next 2 hours of the flight.

When we got off that flight, I was feeling SUPER sick for some odd reason (no I am NOT pregnant again!) and so I quickly made my way to a newspaper store and got some advil, water and milk duds, because, well, milk duds make everything better right? We got to the gate and she was able to play for only about 5 minutes before they started boarding.

Now a side note about Continental airlines. A) Their call center and people at the airport have different information when it comes to the baggage policy. I paid for an overweight and an extra bag. I called them twice to be sure that Amelia is allowed a bag at 50 pounds and her car seat. Twice they said that it was no prob. Sweet. (And yes, I did need all that space...I went crazy at the scrapbooking store...) So when I get there and I begin my check in, I come to find out that I am only allowed 2 bags and the car seat. I argued with them almost in tears and my mom was there helping me out. After about 15 minutes of dealing with a really annoying lady we finally got to chat with her manager's manager. He looked over the call logs and low and behold, I was right. So, he waived what would have been a $150 fee for the other bag, so awesome! We were all checked in with my 170 pound of luggage + a car seat. We get to the gate and they are boarding and here comes my other complaint about Continental. They "pre-board" people with small children only after about 40 other "special" people are called. I go up since she was calling for pre-boarding and I was told, "We're not boarding babies yet". Huh...ok. It was a further 10 minutes before we could board and Amelia was pretty restless.

Luckily, on both legs of the trip we sat next to really nice people. It was great. This one guy tried to get me to take the middle seat. I asked him if he planned on getting up about 95 times during the trip and he backed off his attempt of getting the aisle.

So, we are home now. Markus took the morning off which was really nice. I was able to unpack and get most of this stuff put away. There are toys everywhere, so I think that is my next project. We did take an almost 3 hour nap...but it was MUCH needed by mommy and I am pretty sure Amelia didn't mind it either.

I still have some photos from the trip, but I will be getting those up later. I've got to get to straightening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment