In Houston, we got to see some friends (not as many as I'd like to have seen, but hey, we were only there for 2.5 days...and we were extremely jet-lagged...). It was quite nice to see all of them again. First off, we stayed with our friend Liz. I lived in her garage apartment when I was studying at the University of Houston and besides that, she's my mom's best friend. She's pretty awesome, too.
The first night we met up with my bff4e&e for dinner...she brought along her man of the moment (and that moment is now over which we're not too sad about). It was great Mexican food at one of my fav restaurants. However, I would have enjoyed it more if I had not been up for the past 24 hours. I was at that stage where I was seeing double and everything was starting to sway. Like I said in the previous post, Amelia was such a trooper. She did pretty good at the restaurant, but then started to get SUPER tired, so that is basically when we called it a night.
Mornings at Liz's are great. Coffee, bread of sorts and the Today Show. Nice and laid back, just like I like it. That was really nice. The second full day we were going to go to the Children's Museum in Houston, but I was just so tired, so I settled for Target!
Liz had this great little chair from her mom...Perfect Amelia size.
I have to mention my absolute LOVE for Target. Well, my love and just about any American Expat that I know! Markus was quite surprised that I didn't go there on the first day...I just needed to savor the moment...and yes, I did hear angels singing when I walked towards the building...it was epic. I got Amelia a Faschings costume and Charlie one too! You'll see those more around Fasching...
Melissa, Amelia and I at Empire Cafe!
Thursday night, we stayed at mom's other friend Poppy's house. I love Poppy and Mark. They are two wonderful guys and nights and morning at their house are just as laid back as at Liz's. It was nice and relaxing and a great way to help get over jet-lag.
Lounging on the bed with Mark, Poppy and the pups
Friday morning, Emily took me away for a mani/pedi which was MOST needed. Mom stayed with Amelia and when we were done, mom, Amelia and I hit the road. We are now in Wimberley and we are most enjoying this AWESOME Texas weather...it is mid-high 70sF every day and SUNNY! I can't get enough of the sun! It is really great.
More of our adventures to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment