Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Day in Regensburg

Yesterday, Markus and I were in Regensburg. We were meeting up with some other English speakers at lovely Cafe Kona in the Altstadt to have coffee, chat and trade some books. The great thing about Kona is that they have bagels. These aren't just any bagels, they are the best bagels I've been able to find in Germany.

It was really nice. There were some new people there, some that were there last time and my good friend Sarah. She's pretty rockin'. So we were there for a couple of hours chatting and having coffee. Markus enjoyed it and was able to find a book he was interested in. He was the only male there, but he really did enjoy it.

After we were finished there, Markus, Sarah and I decided it would be great to go to this wonderful Middle Eastern restaurant called Exil. YUM! Luckily, I was having a good day yesterday in relation to the nausea, so I was able to enjoy my meal only once. :) Sarah's husband met up with us and so did Christina and An. These ladies are really great and have MANY interesting stories to tell. It was loads of fun and I really can't wait for the next expat meet up. It is nice to have such an eclectic group of friends. I love it!

Today, Markus is in Hamburg for work. I hope that everything is going well. Charlie and I are relaxing here at home. It is snowing (just a little though) so Charlie is a happy puppy.

1 comment:

  1. Great to read your new entry and catch up with what you been doing. Always lovely to meet other English speaking people in Germany.

    ReplyDelete