Thursday, February 5, 2009

Morning Sickness

So I know I haven't posted in a while, and I have a wonderful excuse...strike that...just an excuse. Morning sickness. Well, in my case it lasts just about all day, with the big fireworks happening in the evening. The Doc gave me some B6 vitamins, which seemed to help at first, but now I think I'm just taking them to a placebo effect. However, I will continue to take them in hops that they will somehow miraculously work.

I did find something that does kind of work. Alphabet soup. The kind from Maggie that you just add a liter of boiling water and let it cook for 8 minutes. This stuff calmed my stomach and I was actually able to eat it! Woohoo!!! However, I think I have overdone it and I ate too much. But I'm just taking it easy until it has some time to digest. I figure that will help.

The other kicker here is that I'm getting a cold. Blah! But, my mother-in-law thought that I should "inhale" steam mixed with peppermint oil. That seemed to really help. I'll be trying this a couple more times today. It did also seem to help out with the nausea. I thought it would have adverse effects since normally I cannot stomach peppermint smells right now. Who'd of thunk it? Interesting.

Alright. Time to digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment