Amelia is 12 days old today...and good lord she is growing. She is a really good eater, and so in the last week, she has gained 310 grams!!! That is 10.9 ounces for those of you in the US...yes, she eats a lot! Every 2 hours lately. I think she is going through a growing spurt. The newborn clothes that are so freaking cute, are going to be too small for her in about a week or two...and the cute socks that her great-grandmother gave to her are already a bit too small...but blame that on the gargantuan feet.
oh, and I can't drink enough of this tea that helps you produce more breast milk....not because it tastes good mind you, but because of what it does...help out the milk supply. Luckily, my boobies are producing more than enough, and every two hours they are pretty much full...and leaking. (like right now...little girl hasn't eaten in 3 hours, but the girls are ready for her...I know, I know...TMI, TMI...) My nipples are another story all together. They hurt. Especially when she first latches on. But the pain is getting less. I put black tea bags on them after every other nursing session (a tip from my midwife) and I use lanolin.
Markus is such a help too. He cleans up after meals, cooks, takes little girl in the morning so that I can get an extra hour of sleep (and this will unfortunately end next week, so little girl and I will be napping lots during the day together), and he is here for moral support. I seriously don't know what I would do without him. I have gained a lot of respect for single mothers this way though simply because I would be lost if it weren't for Markus. That and crying at every little thing...
Yesterday, we tested out our Ergo Baby with infant insert. This thing rocks! Thank you Tammy for suggesting this one! We went on a 20 minute walk with it yesterday...little girl could have gone longer, but I am still not 100%, so we took it easy. Then at night I wanted to test it out as I cooked. It worked wonderfully. I wasn't standing at the stove mind you. I made a pie crust and a quiche filling all in my food processor. I had to wash it out once (after the pie crust)...all this with Amelia strapped on. At one point, she was none too happy about this, but she only screamed for about 3 minutes (I was at a critical point in the pie crust and couldn't put her down) and then she passed out. When I was ready to put the quiche in the oven, I took her off and laid her down on the couch since I didn't want her getting near all that heat in the oven...plus I had to bend over, and I didn't want her falling out! But cooking with baby strapped on was a success, so I'm sure that later, doing the other house chores will also be ok with her strapped on.
Markus did get this awesome swing chair thing that the midwife highly recommended. It is from Chicco, and I think that little girl will like it, but I think that she has to get used to everything first. But this chair thing is nice. It is really portable, so I can take her in the bathroom with me when I take a shower, or put her in front of the kitchen door while I'm cooking. It's got these cute little animals on it too that move when she's rocked...she likes those.
That is about all. Tomorrow Markus will pick Charlie up for the day, so I'm sure we'll have some cute pictures of those two tomorrow that I'll have to get up. Now I have to go annoy Amelia to encourage her to wake up...mommy's boobs hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All sounds awesome! I was kind of shocked that by breasts developed an intellegence of their own after the birth. No one ever tells you those things when you are pregnant! Eventually, the baby and my boobs started to get in sinc and that made things easier (and less messy).
ReplyDeleteI don't know if this will be the same for you, but for us, the first two weeks were the toughest. After that, things consistently became easier as we got to know her.
Can't wait to see you with her.