Yesterday you turned a week old. My goodness you are a precious little thing. You have totally stolen my heart, and of course Daddy's. He is madly in love with you too! You are just the sweetest baby. On Monday, September 21, we came home from the hospital with you. You were perfect for the 3 minute ride home. You seemed to like your car seat...all 5 minutes or so that you were in it. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when we go to Hirschau for the first time. That drive is a bit longer :).
You have the most precious face that I have ever seen and sometimes I just can't stop staring at you. Yesterday, I caught daddy doing the same thing, but I don't blame him. You are pretty darn cute.
You have the cutest cry. You kind of squeak when you need to take another breath. I believe this is your hunger cry because as soon as you get booby in sight, you stop and latch on immediately, which is also incredibly cute.
You are definitely a good eater. Every chance you get, you want to nurse. I believe you think I'm only good for mommy milk, but I believe that later, you'll find that I'm much more than a milk machine :). The other way that we know you are a good eater is that since coming home from the hospital until yesterday (your real one week birthday) you put on a whopping 210 grams. The midwife was really impressed. She thinks you are going to have some lovely baby fat rolls later :). I wouldn't mind that. And daddy would really like your cheeks to get bigger...cheeks are his favorite things. He'll be pressing them lots in the future. You'll get used to it. I did :).
You are a good sleeper too...knock on wood...You really enjoy being swaddled at night and when you're cranky. You calm down pretty much immediately. You're not a big fan of the pacifier yet, but hopefully that will come with time. You are a big cuddler though. When you are cranky, if I lay next to you, you tend to calm down pretty much immediately as well. We need to get Daddy trained on this one too :). **I forgot to add that when your daddy is holding you, you tend to calm down immediately as well. He's really good at that :). He was able to calm you down when you were still in my belly (which mommy loved and made her able to sleep). He's got a good touch.
You are quite adorable when you dream. You smile (which could also possibly be gas, but we'll just say you're dreaming of booby, which is probably true...), your little eyes move around, and sometimes you startle yourself and your hands shoot up and it is really pretty cute.
Tonight and tomorrow are big times for you. Tonight is when you get your first bath. I'm sure that will be loads of fun. Tomorrow, we are headed to Hirschau where you get to meet loads more relatives and your puppy Charlie. He is really a good boy and I'm sure you'll love him right off the bat. I think, though, he'll really begin to like you when you start eating solid foods and you drop some, or give him some or let him lick your fingers.
So, happy one week birthday my little girl. I still can't believe that you are already here and have been for a whole week. You're already growing up too fast...
Love you lots,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment