Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Amelia Sabine

Our sweet little girl was born on September 18, 2009 at 2:10am. She weighed 3190 grams and was 52 cm long. She is so freaking cute! I had no epidural because when they finally got around to checking me, I was already 8 cm and do it was too late for one. But I survived and i now know how those women felt giving birth in the fields without pain killers. Luckily, I wasn't in a field, but in a hospital where I had a wonderful doctor. I now have HUGE amounts of respect for those women who do home births or choose to go without drugs. I'll be posting my birth story later when I have more than one hand free...I'm nursing right now...I'm such the multi-tasker! And now, without further ado...here's a pic of our sweet Amelia...

And of course one with the proud daddy....

I'll be getting one of me and Amelia up once I feel like a human again :).

7 comments:

  1. congratulations on your precious angel...what a beautiful baby - and a big healthy one at that. You did so well...you can be proud of yourself.
    Love and treasure this special gift of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I'm glad that she made it into the world safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how ones own birth story gives you greater respect for other women's choices regarding birth stradegies. After really wanting (and getting) a natural birth, I have a lot more respect for women who plan on having medical aid in birth! (dude, labor sucks).

    Glad you are home and feeling like multi tasking. You rock!! I can't wait to meet her.

    Let me know if you need some help once you are back on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, she's beautiful! I'm glad you got through it and hopefully the not so fun parts are just a distant memory by now. I also had no pain meds with my two so I know how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Glad you all came through it alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally late but congratulations!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete