On the way out, I got some coupon cards so that we can get tickets for 7.50 Euro instead of 9 Euro, which will come in handy since we will definitely be back to the Nuremberg Zoo! It was awesome!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Nuremberg Zoo
Today, for Amelia's 7 month birthday (and because it was freaking lovely outside!) we went to the zoo with a few friends. It was a great time...I kind of have a farmer tan since I did put sunscreen on my face, just not my arms...oops. Amelia had an absolute blast. She is an animal lover. She would always flail her arms and legs in excitement every time she saw an animal.
First up were the giraffes. They were so sweet...and plus, there is a new baby giraffe who was just super adorable. Amelia liked them, but she had been woken up about 5 minutes before, so she wasn't quite in the zoo mood...yet. That all changed with the moneys.
When we got to the monkey area, she went nuts. She could watch them running around and playing and it was just so fun to watch her see these animals for the first time. I am pretty sure that she just thinks that these are all pretty odd looking Charlies, but hey, she loves them all the same. :)
We walked around some more...and some more...and took a little break...and looked at birds and other silly animals, and someone got cranky. I tossed on the ErgoBaby and she was out in about 2 minutes if that. I waited a bit until I was sure she was really asleep and then put her in the stroller. Luckily this was just in time for lunch! Woohoo! Mommy gets to eat with two hands! Nope...the line was so freaking long at the restaurant that by the time the men brought the food back, Amelia was up and nursed and ready to go again. Which is great since the next animal after lunch was her absolute favorite of the entire park...the Polar Bears!
There was this wonderful area near the polar bears where it was a window that went a bit under the water so you could see the polar bear swimming, but also when he is above the water...the polar bear that was there was AWESOME! He kept coming up to the window where Amelia and I were and pushing off it and doing back flips...and then playing with his ball in front of the window. Amelia loved it. We stayed there for about 10 minutes since it was just so much fun watching the polar bear play.
The penguins were next. My friend Tammy's little girl, Clair, absolutely LOVED the penguins. She was standing at the window (which showed the penguins as they swam under the water) clapping and giggling and just having a great time. Her laugh and her excitement just made you smile, it was so wonderful. Amelia loved them too, but Clair was all about the penguins.
After the penguins, we made our way over to the Kinderzoo...the children's zoo. There was a petting zoo and lots of farm animals. This was awesome. The petting zoo's goats were so tame, they didn't mind when Amelia went a bit crazy on them...flailing her arms and all. The funny thing too, the goats were SO not hungry. I believe that the kids had already fed them so much, that by the time that we got there, they really couldn't eat anymore. We kept holding the food in front of their noses, but they weren't interested...that is until Tammy held the box the food came in a bit too close and one of them ate the cardboard lid. That was pretty funny!

After walking around the Kinderzoo for about an hour, it was time to go. We made our way towards the exit and some of the friends wanted to stay to look at more animals and some wanted to head home. I was ready to go, but the Flamingos were coming up and I LOVE flamingos! They are so pretty! So we parted ways and continued through the zoo. Amelia got hungry, so I nursed her, and about 5 minutes later, she passed out (for a good 2 hours, which was pretty awesome!). We left the zoo about an hour later and we were all pooped.


On the way out, I got some coupon cards so that we can get tickets for 7.50 Euro instead of 9 Euro, which will come in handy since we will definitely be back to the Nuremberg Zoo! It was awesome!
On the way out, I got some coupon cards so that we can get tickets for 7.50 Euro instead of 9 Euro, which will come in handy since we will definitely be back to the Nuremberg Zoo! It was awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zoos are exhausting but so much fun. Looks like you had a brilliant day. We should go to Straubing together some time!
ReplyDeleteThey are! It was a great day, and yes, we must go the Straubing Zoo together one time! :)
ReplyDelete