Our friends, Sandra and Harald, got married this past weekend. It was absolutely lovely. They got married at a little chapel at the
Burg Wernberg, and the reception was there as well. It was really a splendid evening. I read a poem by
Roy Croft for her at the ceremony (and then I got such compliments for my American English accent ;) ). We had coffee and some wonderful strawberry cake. I also had a piece of this chocolate cake that was so rich and delicious! I need that recipe!
Amelia and I before the ceremony

The happy couple coming out of the chapel.

It was also nice to have Amelia there for only part of the wedding. Marianne and Sabine came and picked her up around 6pm, so that Markus and I could enjoy the wonderful evening. She had loads of fun with Oma and Tante...playing on the bed, chasing Charlie and Findus, walking around...and then an huge treat when she got to sleep with Oma in her bed. I tried to warn Marianne that she moves around a lot and makes loads of noises when she sleeps...she learned this the hard way, but enjoyed it nonetheless.
Walking around the castle.

Where we had coffee and cake...in the little courtyard of the castle.

Daddy and Amelia

We had the most amazing meal that evening too. It was a 5 course meal full of amazingness. We started off with an amuse bouche of smoked fish mousse on an asparagus salad. Then moved on to a speckled trout tartar with a mixed green salad. Next up was the most amazing spinach and ricotta raviolis...seriously, this was so good my mouth is watering just thinking about it! The "main" course was a guinea fowl breast on top of glazed vegetables with potato and olive au gratin. For dessert, we had a buttermilk mouse with a berry sorbet and a most wonderful sauce...I really wanted to lick my plate it was so good, but seeing that we were sitting at a 5 star restaurant, that was probably a bad idea. ;)
The night carried on with dancing and then there was a show put on by Sandra's brother in which he and his friends twirled batons of fire and swallowed fire...it was really cool and pretty amazing.
At 1am, we had to go. I had a huge milchstau and was in loads of pain. For those who don't know what a milchstau is...I'm still nursing a bit and Amelia hadn't nursed in about 12 hours at this point...you get the picture... We appoligized for having to go, but I assured Sandra that this was the latest that I have been up in a LONG time and that we had the most splendid time, which we most definitely did!
So congrats to Harald and Sandra! I hope you have a long, healthy life with each other...and of course, I hope you are blessed with many, many kids. ;)
I totally love the word "milchstau"! It is such a perfect description!
ReplyDeletewe went to Burg Wernberg a couple of weeks ago and it was FABULOUS!!!! and you were right, totally worth saving the money and then go there to celebrate something special!
ReplyDelete