Thursday, January 1, 2009

Charlie on Ice

For the past week it is not gone above freezing, so all of the lakes are completely frozen. So, on this lovely first day of the new year, we decided to take our four-legged-fuzzy son "ice-skating". He's been on ice before, but on just frozen puddles and the like. This was a whole lake! Charlie was totally excited. It took him a while to figure out he couldn't run and go crazy like he's used to on real earth. By the end of the 40 minutes we were there, he figured out that he had to start slow and when he wanted to stop, he had to slide a few feet before he could fully stop. I got many great shots, but here are a few of our favs.

"Hey, why is this stuff so cold...I can lick it and it tastes like lake water...but it's so cold and hard...I just don't get it..."

"Look! I can bring sticks onto this big cold area! Fun! Now, I just have to figure out how not to keep slipping!"

"Ok...I have to slow it down otherwise I'll slip...sometimes when I run, I slip, but I'm getting better..."

"This is fun with dad! We run, then all of a sudden he stops and we both slide. WOOHOO!!! Fun!!!"

"Ok. I've got the hang of this whole 'walking on cold, slippery earth' thing..."

1 comment:

  1. These pics are great ... Charlie does much better on ice that I do!!!

    ReplyDelete