Sunday, January 11, 2009

German Winter....so freaking cold!

So, it's winter (duh!) and here in Germany, it is freaking cold! However, the past couple of days have been really gorgeous, despite the cold. Markus and I went out yesterday on a "Winterspaziergang" (a winter walk...but it just sounds fancier in German) and I brought along the trusty ol' Nikon. The picture below was from a frozen creek that leads into an almost frozen river. These were some pretty ice flake formations and they were all over this one part of the creek. I just had to get a picture!
The second picture is of Charlie's favorite creek (a different one than the one above). This is where, in Summer, every time we walk past this creek, he just has to jump in over and over and over and....well, you get the picture.

Charlie is showing off his mad frisbee skillz with his birthday present...the red frisbee. It is now his favorite toy.

The ducks walking on ice/swiming in the part of the river that isn't frozen.

This is the Naab. It flows near our house and we always go with Charlie there. This photo was taken on Jan. 10, 2009, but today, on the 11th, it was close to being completely frozen over in parts! How cool is that!

1 comment:

  1. These could be my photo's I took this weekend...its the same here where i stay...
    Cold but really beautiful...
    I also went walking yesterday...

    ReplyDelete