Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My favorite sites

I have many web-sites that I visit on a daily basis. Some of them have a large following, others, not so much. I thought that I would just share them here with you and see if you can get a bit of joy out of them.

My absolute favorite blog is Cakewrecks. It has me in tears on just about a weekly basis. It does basically what the name says, it displays many cakes that have been made "professionally" (meaning someone actually paid money for them) and they are just awful, or with the Sunday Sweets, amazing. You should really check it out! The best part is, she posts every day! So every day you can have a little laugh!

Another one that my mom got me on to is SmittenKitchen. The food that this lady makes is absolutely DIVINE! I've made a couple of her recipes, and I'm going to attempt her rice pudding tonight. The pictures that she takes look so professional, but it is just her taking the photos. The pictures also just make your mouth start to water! YUM!

Another website that I look at on a daily basis is AmiExpat. This website was started by a lady named Christina (who I get to meet on Friday). She lives in Regensburg, about an hour away from where I live, and she basically talks about the wonderful world of Expat life. What is also really wonderful about this blog is that she has created substitutes for American products, such as brown sugar. This came in handy over the holidays! It is basicaly just an interesting blog all around.

Another website that I check is called Mama's Worldwide. I know, I know. I'm not a mom yet, but Markus and I are wanting to have kids in the future, so it's never to late to start looking and getting tips! This website was also created by Christina of AmiExpat. The thing I like about this blog is that it has a few different mothers writing on this blog, all of who are American who have had children in Germany and are raising children in Germany.

So, go to these websites if you get a chance. They are all really cool. :)

1 comment:

  1. I also like amiexpat's blog, took a look after reading this entry...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete