Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Finally!!!

We have pictures of the baby (now to be refered to as peanut)! Woohoo!!! Peanut was moving so much though, that it was really hard to take any really good shots of him/her...let alone be able to tell the sex. The doctor compared peanut to a tadpole...always on the move. She used the word "Lebendig" and I translate that as animated. Just like his daddy...well, maybe at this time more like Charlie. :) Even though peanut was moving so much, there were 3 times that we were able to take a shot, so here they are! And, I've explained them out as well in a separate photo :). Yeah!!!

Oh, and the doctor took some measurements. From the top of it's head to it's tailbone is roughly 57mm...or did she say 75mnm...I'm not too sure. But peanut is hunched over, so he/she is probably a bit bigger. I was too busy watching peanut jump around, so I didn't quite catch it...but I do know that she said a 5 and a 7, just not sure of the order. Peanut's upper leg is 12mm. Those were some of the fun measurements.

The first one is the best shot in my opinion. You can see the arm and the fingers really good. Plus the head is there. Peanut didn't feel like giving us any profile shots though, but that's ok...there's always hope for next time!

Here is the second shot. Peanut is kind of laying on his/her side with I believe their butt towards us. So camera shy at such a young age!

Here is another good one. A view from the top. This is looking at peanut straight on. After this was taken, peanut continued jumping...I wonder when I'll start being able to feel all of the movements this little peanut is making.

So all in all, a great day at the doctor. She said that peanut was super active, a great sign, and looking to be in perfect health. All of peanut's measurements are where they are supposed to be (even if I can't remember what they are exactly). My next appointment is on April 7, so hopefully there will be another peanut update then!

UPDATE: Markus said that the doctor did in fact say 75mm. It's a good thing one of us was paying attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment