Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Buttermilk Pancakes...German Style

This past week's AmiExpat's Real German Cuisine challenge was Buttermilk Pancakes. I always read Christina's posts with all intentions of participating that week, and then all of a sudden, it's two weeks later and something else is on the menu. However, this time, I'm only a couple days off, so go me!

I made my Aunt Dianne's fruit salad, but the silly Edeka near me didn't have walnuts (my favorite part of the salad) so I needed something else to go with it. Luckily, this recipe was there! YAY! And boy were they good!
Of course, I didn't sift the flour, or mix the ingredients one at a time...I threw it all in a bowl and got my trusty whisk and went to town. It was a bit clumpy, so I let it sit for about 10 minutes and whisked it again and the clumps were gone.


They really worked perfectly with the fruit salad. And, there was some batter and fruit salad left over, so now we have breakfast for tomorrow as well!

Oh, and as Christina said, the texture was a bit of a mix between a crepe and an American pancake...but I would lean more towards the crepe. Markus hates the wonderfully amazing Bisquick pancakes I make (who could not like those???) and these are a great compromise. He likes them, I like them, and they are SUPER easy!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys liked them. I think they are a realy good substitute for when the Bisquick box is running low (Rainer is perfectly happy to eat Bisquick pancakes, but he hates maple syrup)

    ReplyDelete