Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Funnies

This weekend, we went to visit our friends Hansi and Doris near the Chiemsee. Of course, this pregnant lady needed to stop a few times to pee along the way. This was a sign in the bathroom...sometimes, it is not a good idea to translate directly from German into English...it just doesn't work too well...




"Welcome to our Thunderbox
Please leave the restroom clean an straight.
It would be in your interest.
Please accept our best thanks.
Your AGIP-team Burghausen"

Ok, first off, why the hell is the restroom called a thunderbox? I know sometimes it can sound like thunder in there, but seriously? It just doesn't translate well. Secondly, I felt a little threatened by the third line...really, in my interest to leave the toilet clean? Is the toilet mafia going to come and get me if I don't?

Sorry about the photo being pretty dark...the pics with the flash just didn't work...the flash was always over the English part...Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment