Sorry it's been so long. I think I've really just been to lazy to get anything up, so I'll make up for that today with a few posts :).
First of all, little girl is still growing, and kicking, and giving mommy some raging heartburn. She's in good health, although they are keeping a close eye on my amniotic fluid levels, which is just fine with me. I have to go to the doctor every week to have it all checked out.
Oh, and men, don't read this next comment...
Why is it that in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" they don't tell you that at the end of the pregnancy, your doctor is basically fisting you to see if your cervix has begun to open? Seriously...I would have like a little bit of forewarning. Talk about an uncomfortable feeling!
Ok, enough of that. Men, you can read again.
It was quite an eventful month this August! It was full of Polterabends, bachelorette parties, weddings, trips to the Czech Republic, putting little girl's room together...very busy...so we'll say that's why I haven't posted in a while....yeah :)
Markus' cousin got married to his wonderful girlfriend (now wife) after 14 years of being together...no they're not old...Ramona is my age and Matthias is a couple years older than Markus. They've been love birds since the beginning of time. Anywho...I was their photographer. This 9 month pregnant lady running around the city hall and the church was really a sight to behold. Luckily, I had my trusty assistant, Markus, to help me out with some of the pictures.
Oh, and the bachelorette party! We had loads of fun! We decided that it would be best to have a realxing weekend at a spa in the Czech Republic, so that is what we did. 7 hot ladies and loads of old people in Marienbad makes for quite a fun time! We relaxed, gambled a little at the casino there, got massages (or a facial in my case), and ate...oh did we eat. Every chance this hotel got to feed us they did...oh, and we let them!
It was a really fun wedding, and I'll get some pictures of it up soon...I promise!
Last week, Markus and I decided to get a move on little girl's room, so we painted it a pretty light purple. Then I decided that the hallway could also use a coat of paint since it looks like we've lived in this apartment for 10 years and not 2. So, the hallway got a fresh coat of white paint. Then this past Saturday, we picked up our baby furniture and had a little party so that the guys could put everything together while the ladies looked at the baby clothes I already got and then direct the men as to where the furniture should go. I must say though, that the guys' suggestion as to where the furniture should go was best, and so after moving everything around a few times, we settled on that. The pictures will be in another post...soon to come...I promise.
So, that was basically our month of August.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment