Yesterday, we were over at our friend Tammy's house for a pumpkin carving party. It was great fun. Amelia got to wear her Halloween costume and Markus and I were able to chat with some of our friends...did I say it was great? I made a cherry pie, a pumpkin cheese cake and some sugar and spice pecans...YUM!
Amelia in her frog costume that Grandma brought her all the way from the US!

It was Markus and my first gathering with friends and loads of kids. One of them, our friend Imani's little girl Aminah was just so infatuated with Amelia...they're going to BFF's I just know it! She was quite cute with Amelia, always going up to her and giving her kisses on her hand...then sticking her finger in Amelia's mouth...yup, that is totally best friend material :)
Amelia and Aminah

Ahh, and then the pumpkin carving. Markus and I couldn't find a decent pumpkin...just these really small ones that were probably just 2 pounds or something...nothing that we could actually carve in to...so this week, I'm going to be on the lookout for a decent pumpkin so that we can carve it here. This may involve a trip to the Wednesday market in town...darn! :)
For Penny, one of the ladies there, this was her first time ever to carve a pumpkin. She said that in Ireland, where she's from, they used
turnips...interesting. Never heard of that one, but alrighty :). Anywho, her pumpkin turned out awesome! Not bad for a beginner Penny! Her son Nathan was helping us take out the pumpkin guts and Luca, her other son was busy trying to climb on anything...he was in a devil costume :)
Nathan with his mom's pumpkin

So, the pumpkins were carved and the kids were watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", so it was time to head over to the food table to try some other of the goodies that were brought. Christina brought some salmon spread that was super good (which reminds me I need to get the recipe!), Tammy and Matthias (our hosts) has a vegetable platter with this awesome dressing (of which I also need the recipe) and Penny brought something Irish, and I don't remember the name, but it never got opened and I wish I had tried it! Next time, next time :)

All in all, it was a great time. The kids were dressed up...we had a fireman (Nathan), a devil (Luca), a knight (Oliver), a bat (Clair), a sweet little girl (Aminah) and of course a frog (Amelia). We parents left our costumes at home...no wait...we were all dressed up as parents...cool parents of course!
Here we are with the pumpkins...unfortunately, Christina had to go home early, so she and her pumpkin aren't here...her's was pretty cool...it was a bat. She's got mad skillz at pumpkin carving :) Well...actually, they all had mad skillz...I was just the cleaner (being sure all the pumpkin guts were out)...
you did have some mad pumpkin cleaning skillz though.....
ReplyDeleteWe had a blast.