Here we are, 3 and a half weeks after Amelia was born and all of my posts have just been about her...and for good reason...she's just so freaking cute! She gaining weight like a rock star (well, more like a wrestler, but you get the point). She has gained about 820 grams in the past 3 weeks...that's 1.8 pounds! She's a good eater :). Another thing she is good at is sleeping (knock on wood!). She usually goes to bed around 11pm or midnight and then will sleep until about 3:30 or 4...one time she slept until 5:30!!! (I won't even go into the state that my boobs were in after that wonderful 6 hours of sleep...think rocks...that leak...)
She is also starting to become more aware of her surroundings, which is pretty cool. She'll stare at things other than the red wall or at shadows now. She has noticed the dinos that Markus got for her room (they're wall stickers and super cute...which reminds me I need to take a picture of them).
Life around here is slowly getting back to "normal". I cook lunch on those days when Markus can make it home for lunch...I'm loving having the grocery store less than 100 yards/meters from my front door! If I need heavy stuff, then Markus goes to the big store to get it :). We (Amelia and I) haven't been so adventurous as to go to the "big" grocery store yet, but I'm pretty sure it will come. However, Markus and I did take her out to a restaurant on Saturday, and she was absolutely perfect...for 2.5 hours! I pumped before we left so that she could have something to eat at the restaurant (and I could have a little glass of wine...which was awesome!). She was so good right up until the end when we were getting ready to leave and I had to put her little hat on...she hates the hat, and so she started screaming once it was on...but it was ok, since we were on our way out the door!
Oh, and we had Charlie for a bit this past weekend (we were going to have him all weekend, but Markus threw out his back and Amelia's eye was a bit infected, hence I was freaking out, so we only had him Friday and Saturday). Charlie is really good with her! I was just a tad nervous when they first met, but he is so cute with her! When she's on the couch sleeping and then all of a sudden makes a noise, Charlie goes over to be sure that everything is ok. He likes to give her kisses on her head and lick her hands (especially after she's nursed because there is more likely than not a bit of breast milk on her hands).
So, to end this post, here's the cute picture(s) of the day...my two kids, playing nicely :)
A: "Woah...that's a big black thing!"
C: "Mom...really...we have to keep her? Ok...I guess I'll manage..."
C: "Is that some yummy milk on your hands??? Ok, we can keep her..."
C: "I like it when we all play on the ground...especially since I'll get a chewy bone..."
A: "I've got my pucky...nom nom nom"
No comments:
Post a Comment