Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sugar and Spice Pecans

These are incredibly good and super easy to make. Be careful though...you can't eat just one.

1 pound of pecans
3/4 tea. salt
1 tea. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 tbs. water

1. Beat egg white and water together until frothy but not super stiff
2. mix in sugar, salt and cinnamon
3. Add in pecans and stir well until completely coated
4. Spread nuts on a large baking sheet and bake at 200 F (95 C ) for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven when dry and toasted.
6. When cool, store in an air tight container.

One thing that I did do a bit differently...I baked these at about 125 C...they came out just fine.

These keep for a while, but they won't last that long because you seriously can't eat just one...these things are addictive!

5 comments:

  1. I'd try those, but uh...where's the spice?

    Is it the salt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh!

    How did I miss the mention of cinnamon on the first reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I can't find pecans in Globus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found pecans at Kaufland. They have a pretty good nut section. Try there next time you're in the city. I think you can also find them at the Edeka in Kaufhof too, but I'm not sure...If you still can't find any, I'll mail you some since this recipe makes for some orgasmic nuts :)

    ReplyDelete