So, I've got a cold. It decided to rear its ugly face at 3am...DAMN YOU COLD!! Luckily I have some of the best in-laws in the world and Franz and Marianne came to Weiden to watch after Amelia so I could run over to the doctor. I wanted to go to the doctor because A) I have no clue what I can take to combat a cold while breastfeeding and B) I wanted to be sure it wasn't a sinus infection...Well, it is a sinus infection and my doctor wants to combat it with antibiotics. Wait a sec...I thought I couldn't take antibiotics??? Well, I can. There are a few antibiotics that I can take, and yes, a little bit will get into the milk, but the doctor assured me it will have no ill-effects on Amelia.
So, now, I'm going to sign off and probably t he next post I make will be made from the US of A! I hope this achy feeling goes away soon...and the pressure...and the sore throat...
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you are feeling better and safe travels! We leave on Saturday for the USA and I'm over the top excited!
ReplyDeleteYuck! So I hope you feel better because it REALLY sucks to fly when you are all congested. I've had to do it a few times. One word - AFRIN - I don't know if they have that in Germany, but it does wonders on a plane. My doctor had me squirt saline nasal stuff up the nose and then, just before take off - a squirt of Afrin nasal spray. Same process when you're about to land. It helps SO much. Oh, and I sent your Christmas card today - to Germany - so you will probably not get it until you get back to Germany, but that's ok. :)
ReplyDeleteFrau: Yes, I am feeling MUCH better...antibiotics are my friend right now (not always, but right now we are definitely BFF!).
ReplyDeleteGreta: I have some nose spray (and some for Amelia too) just for that reason. I've had to fly with sinus crap before too, and it is NO fun...especially on such a long haul flight. But luckily, the antibiotics are doing their thing and by Saturday, I should be golden. :)