Tuesday, December 22, 2009
The Sleep Sack
Sleeping sacks are super popular in Germany. They are great since they are basically wearable blankets and kids can't put it over their heads. Great idea. The only problem, in Germany, they cost roughly an arm and a leg. Ok, 60 Euro or so, but seriously expensive. So I was looking online to see if I can get some while here in the US. Low and behold, Carter's makes some! Sweet! They are out of fleece, so decently warm and they are cheap! Normal price, they are 20 bucks! YES! So, the other day, we were at Kohl's (one of my favorite stores) and they had them there, on sale...for 8 (yes eight!) dollars! We bought 3. They are super cute and Amelia likes them. There is only one problem. I have only seen them for 0-9 months. I hope that they make them bigger too...or I find them elsewhere here for cheap and bigger. :)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
60 Euros for a Slaf sack? Dude, did you forget to check Tchibo and Mueller? We have one for Clair that will last until she is 3, and it cost 10 Euros (at Tchibo).
ReplyDeleteGlad you found the super cute red one for 8 bucks though! The ones with sleeves are tough to find here. I got one from Hoppediz online, and it was about 20 Euros. Clair just outgrew it so we switched to the Tchibo one.
Yeah, definitely need to check out the Tchibo (remember I thought you said it was cheapo? which was also true I guess :) ). These will last a few more months...ok, like 6 more. I've also seen them at DM for definitely cheaper...but no 8 buck ones! :) We still swaddle when she sleeps, but are going to have to start weening that soon...hence the search for the schlafsacks. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have used them for Max since he was six months (also without sleeves). The company we use are Grobag and they are super. I know plenty of people who used them from birth. They are pricey (not 60 Euros though) but we got quite a few great quality ones on e-bay. I don't actually know anyone's child in the UK who doesn't have one!
ReplyDeleteHow is this different from a Snuggy? Sounds similar, based on your description.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas from Turkey,
Cliff
I guess it is a mini-snuggy. I think they got the idea from this. It is quite ingenious though. I want one. Maybe I'll get one at the after Christmas sales. Shall I get you and Sarah one? :)
ReplyDeleteYes, one Snuggy please! I wear XXL. Sarah can't roll with the Fleece Abominations (too sparky -- too much potential, hehe), but that doesn't bother me at all.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
We may now be saying goodbye to Clair's sleep sack. We just figured out that she sleeps better with a blanket. When she tosses and turns at night, she gets all bound up in the sleep sack and wakes up a couple of times. For the past week, we have just been using a blanket and she stopped waking up! (Hallelujah!)
ReplyDelete