Dear Amelia,
Today you are 3 weeks old...a whole 21 days! My how the time flies. It seems like yesterday I was screaming bloody murder in the Kreisssaal at the hospital :). You are still the cutest thing that I have ever seen...you are even cuter than Charlie when he was a puppy, and that says a lot because he was an awfully cute puppy :). But seriously, could you be any more precious?
There are so many things that you are starting to do it is amazing. For starters, you are a VERY good sleeper...this makes mommy and daddy really happy. The past two nights, you are sleeping about 5 or 6 hours straight. I know that there will be nights when this will definitely not be the case, so we are cherishing those nights when you do sleep lots. When you sleep, you make the cutest noises too...you grunt (I think your just pooping or pushing or both), sometimes you snore, you sigh, and sometimes you make this high pitched noise that is pretty funny.
What is really cool is that you are starting to focus on things that are a bit further away. When daddy came home the other day, you heard the noise and looked in that direction. It might have been a fluke, but it was an awesome fluke :). Also, you can focus on our faces when we are a bit further away. This is pretty cool. Some things you really like to look at are the red wall in the living room with the picture frames on it, and shadows on the white walls...all of these contrasty things are just so freaking cool to you right now.
You are also doing wonderfully at lifting your head. When you're awake, we have some tummy time. You like this tummy time too :). We practice on turning your head from side to side...you do this all on your own and the first time you did it, mommy and daddy were so proud. Also, you can lift your head really well, and hold it there for a couple of seconds, then your head is just too heavy, and you have to let it fall...but you're getting better and better every day :). Also, when you're on your tummy, you LOVE to kick your feet and it moves you just a bit. This is pretty cool...maybe next week you'll be crawling :). Ok, maybe not that quickly, but you know what I mean.
You are growing like crazy too. I can tell that when I change you, your chicken legs aren't so much chicken legs anymore...they're getting a cute layer of fat on them and rolls are starting to form. I love it. Oh, and daddy loves the fact that your cheeks are getting chubbier as well. He has this thing for cheeks...we've had this discussion. And your hair is getting longer...I still can't believe all that hair you were born with. Some of your clothes almost don't fit anymore. The newborn stuff will probably last another week, if that. So, it looks like mommy and daddy and you are going to be making a shopping trip next weekend...luckily, that is when mommy wants to show you off to her friends in Regensburg, so we can do some shopping there. FUN!
But, I have saved the best for last. There is one thing that you are starting to do that completely melts my heart and makes me love you more and more (if that is at all possible!). You are smiling. True, this happens when you are asleep, but it is a full on gummy smile, and you've got these cute little dimples in your cheeks. I tried to get a picture of it yesterday, but you got camera shy and stopped smiling. You also do this when you are nursing, so this makes me think that you are dreaming about booby, which you know, is quite alright :). That or you're dreaming about playing with Charlie when you're older...that is totally possible too.
Speaking of Charlie, you really like him. When he runs around, you try to follow him with your eyes. It is quite cute. He really likes you too. He keeps licking your head and your hands, and one time he got a good face lick in there, and you didn't mind at all...I'm betting you two are going to be the best of buds when you get a bit older.
Alright my precious sugar pea, you are wonderful. I can't imagine our life right now without you...no doubt it would be a bit dull around here without you. You bring a certain pizazz to our life that we wouldn't trade for the world. Yup, you're definitely a keeper!
Love you,
Mommy
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment