The birthday girl and Daddy!

So, for Amelia's first birthday bash we decided to go all out. Well, in truth it was a joint birthday party for both Amelia and I, but you all know who the real star was. Yup, Amelia.
Mom and I were baking fiends on Friday. We made brownies, cake pops, cupcakes, rice krispie treats, pulled pork and baked beans. My apartment smelled WONDERFUL on Friday! We had loads of food for Saturday...better to have too much than too little!


Saturday, we get to Hirschau early so that we can set up and so that Amelia will hopefully take a nap. She went down a bit before 1 and was still out at 2:45, so I went in and gently woke her up since people were supposed to start coming at 3. She woke up pretty easily and was in a super mood for the party! Woohoo!

The guests arrived and then kid chaos began. It was a wonderful type of chaos though. All the kids played wonderfully together. Amelia has a blast. The grown ups had a great time too! I would say that the party was a complete success! However, I think in the coming years a few friends and I are going to do joint parties for the kids since their birthdays are all within 2.5 weeks of each other.



At the craft table...the kids could draw on the table and decorate their gift bags...it was a hit!


Completely knackered!

Needless to say, Amelia slept pretty good that evening!
Really, really disappointed to have missed both Amelia's and Clair's birthday parties (even though we had a lovely holiday). Seems like you had a lot of fun1 Happy belated birthday party to Amelia! Looking forward to hearing more all about the celebrations!
ReplyDelete