I absolutely LOVE Thai food. The problem is, in Weiden, you can't really get any good Thai food...or in Wimberley for that matter. You really have to go to the big cities or to Thailand to get some good Thai food. Well, if you are in or around Nuremberg, then look no further! Mom and I have found the best Thai restaurant this side of the Atlantic!
Mom's flight is tomorrow at 6:50am, so we decided that getting a hotel near the airport would be the best bet, since getting up SUPER early, say 3, is not fun at all...especially when you have to drive an hour both ways. When looking for a hotel, almost everything was booked! I couldn't believe it...until I remembered that there was some sort of convention going on in Nuremberg this weekend...damn. Well, we found a hotel in Furth, for a "reasonable" price...and when I say "reasonable" I mean not really.
Whatever. We at first wanted to go into Nuremberg, but then once we got here decided against that. I googled some restaurants in Furth and we decided on going to this Thai place down the street from here. It got good reviews, so we thought it would be decent. We were absolutely wrong. IT WAS AWESOME! Seriously. I haven't had such good Thai food in a long time. Seriously...it was unbutton-your-jeans good.
We started off with Tom Ka Gai...a coconut soup with tomatoes, chicken, mushrooms and awesomeness. I could have licked the bowl. If the main course was going to be this good, we were going to be in trouble of being super full. I asked the waiter what he would suggest. He told me the crispy duck breast on top of a red curry sauce with mixed veggies. Sounds good. We got that and Pad Thai with chicken, beef and pork. Holy Jesus! It was mind blowing good. I cannot give this place any better reviews. It was so good. Between mom and I, we polished off both the main dishes. Yup, I had to unbutton my jeans on the walk home.
So, if you are anywhere near Furth, then you MUST...no, it is your civic duty...to go to this place. I already told Markus that we must come here for a date night. I would drive all that way from Weiden just to go to this place again. I hope I have dreams about it tonight...
Thai Restaurant Am Prater
Erlanger Strasse 59
90765 Furth
Telephone: 0911 7906469
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment