Thursday, September 9, 2010

My new arch nemesis

I have a new arch nemesis...this stupid yeast diaper rash that Amelia has and hasn't been able to get rid of with Desitin or the stuff the doc gave us. Grrr.... Poor little Amelia's stuff was so red and when I went in to wipe she just screamed her little head off. Thankfully, I had a conversation today with a good friend LeAnn about essential oils. I was telling her about these Compeed patches for fever blisters. She then told me about her friend who uses tea tree oil to cure them and that she also uses tea tree oil to help out yeast infections. She told me she has tried it out in the diaper area of her boys and it definitely helps out.

So, here we come to tonight. After changing Amelia and seeing that her goods were just completely red, we let her run around bottomless for about 20 minutes or so to help air her out. She enjoyed it. She especially enjoys peeing on the floor...which she did...stealthily. I didn't notice it until about an hour later.

So, putting her into her pj's, I put on the stuff that the doctor gave us. More screaming. I was able to get her to sleep. Then I put her in her crib. Screaming. I let her scream for a bit, but gave in and settled her down again and put her in her crib. Screaming. So, I looked up an aromatherapy remedy for diaper rash using tea tree oil. Found one...quickly whipped it up. I got Amelia and changed her diaper, washing her with a warm washcloth...that seemed to help. I put on some of the oil. Settled her down again. Put her to bed. Only a bit of screaming and the off to dreamland. Pfew! I will use this forever! I don't know how much it has helped and won't know until I change her again, but it settled her down quick.

I found it here, and it is pretty simple.

1/2 cup of sweet almond oil
2-3 drops of tea tree oil
2-3 drops of lavender oil
4 tablespoons of water

Put in a glass jar and shake. Use just a bit at a time (I use a dropper so I can put a few drops at a time on the affected area). Always be sure not to double dip...

I really have high hopes for this remedy. I seriously hope that it works.

Now, it is off to bed for Markus and I since we have an early morning ahead of us...

2 comments:

  1. I have some of Penny's wonder cream from the UK (Sudo creme?) if you want. It is wonderful/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to finally try this today. Have been wondering just what you told me was in it since Hamburg...and glad you posted it on your site :)
    Diaper rash is my nemesis too! ;)

    ReplyDelete