Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chiemsee

This past weekend we went to the Chiemsee area (at the foothills of the Alps) to see our good friends Hansi and Doris. They live in a itt-bitty village called Marwang. It has a cute church, is surrounded by lovely fields and loads of farms. It was a nice little retreat.

Markus and Amelia with the lovely countryside in the background.
When we got there, the weather was a bit of crap, so we decided to go to the indoor pool in Prien. It was nice, but I don't think it 7.90 Euro for 2 hours nice...it is, however, directly on the Chiemsee, so I really shouldn't have expected anything less. The tiles on the floor were so slippery, I almost fell about 5 times with Amelia, Markus the same amount, and Amelia did actually fall 3 times. One positive thing for it is that all of the pools were very warm, so we could go all over the place (i.e. in the baby pool, main pool and the "hot" tub). Markus took Amelia on the slide...I don't know if she was a fan...it was completely dark most of the time...I didn't like it too much. I'm not a fan of the dark though.

"Uncle Hansi...You're tall..."
It was pretty cute in the "hot" tub though...it had the temperature of kid's bath water, so it wasn't a real hot tub. Amelia got plenty of smiles...and she was flirting with this cute gay couple for about 10 minutes. That was pretty funny. Then our 2 hours were up and we had to go.

Amelia being sure we all know that there is a light up there...

When we got back to H&D's house, Doris had already started making homemade pizza. There were two, one with tuna and super spicy and another non-spicy one with ham. I ate the one with ham as I am not a fan of tuna on my pizza...It was lovely!

Mmmmmm...pizza....
Hansi always have lovely wine. He just joined this club where they send you 3 different organic wines every quarter. They are decently prices (between 5 and 8 Euro) and absolutely AMAZING! Check them out! Delinat...seriously good wine. I have already ordered some for when mom comes and they just arrived today! Can't wait to try them out!

Hansi giving Amelia an olive...she loves them.
So, back to our trip...We get Amelia to bed at her normal time, around 8:30 and we stay up chatting until around 11, at which time we were all tired and decided to call it a night. Oh, how I wish it was a good night. Amelia decided to be up at 1 and not want to sleep in her bed anymore...ok, fine, come and sleep with us. That was fine before...before she tossed and turned ALL NIGHT LONG!! Good lord! I think Markus and I really only slept those first two hours and then roughly 10 minutes of every hour...otherwise there was a hand, or a foot, or a farting butt in our face...not fun. Needless to say, there was lots of coffee to be had that morning.

Walking over to the ponies...Amelia likes to walk holding hands when outside...which makes for a seriously cute picture

After our loads of coffee, Amelia was ready for a nap...only after being up for about an hour...not usual, so I am guessing she slept just as horridly. So, I put her down, and she slept for almost an hour and a half! That was ok by me. We got to chat some more without chasing her around and keeping her away from the cats...she LOVES cats, but these two were petrified of her.

Looking at the ponies
So, when she got up, we went to go first look at Hansi's little vineyard that he has planted and look at the Shetland Ponies. In Marwang, there is a Shetland Pony breeder and they are really nice animals. Very sweet and cute. So, if you're in the market for a Shetland Pony, get one here.
Then it came time for us to leave...sad, but I know that we'll see them again soon. They must come up to Weiden for a weekend next summer (or earlier) since we've been there twice now...hint hint Hansi! :)

Look! A Pony!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment