So, since I have been neglecting the blog, I have a few updates...
Our neighbors from hell are still around. However, after our little altercation, I didn't see them until yesterday, so a good 3 weeks. Mr. Polish Prick was coming home with his dog as Markus, Amelia and I were on our way out with Charlie. Luckily we met them outside and not in the hallway. Charlie really wanted to go over and give the guy a piece of his mind, but we thought better of it and made him sit next to us as they walked by. I gave the guy a pretty neutral look...he, as per the norm, gave me a pretty horrid look. Whatever.
Oh, and have I heard back from housing management about my complaint and if there was anything they could do? Nope. Not a peep. It has been 3 weeks. This doesn't bode well for our new housing management peeps (we just got new ones in July or so...).
Amelia is doing wonderfully though. We had her U6 (her 1 year checkup) on August 31st. The doctor was quite impressed with her development. She was really quick at taking the tower apart and finding the little toy in the bottom...and promptly taking it out. And she also followed directions given to her by the doctor to bang two toys together. That is one of Amelia's fav things to do...that and put objects into other objects...like a ball into box and shake it around until the ball goes flying out.
She is quite small. She's in the 10th percentile for weight and the 40th for height. The doctor even wrote in her notes, "sehr zierliches kind" (very dainty child), but then also wrote down, "sehr gut entwickelt" (very well developed), so I'm not worried at all. She runs around a lot, and eats a lot...so she just burns off everything that she eats. Hey, and it is MUCH better for my back that she's so light...I know with our next one in a few years, I'll be cursed with a giant baby...I just know it.
Amelia's stats as of August 31st:
7720 grams
72.5 cm long
44.5 cm head circumference
So, all in all, the past three weeks have been good...not too eventful. We went to the Chiemsee to visit our friends, Hansi and Doris (post to come) and had a nice weekend. This weekend we have no plans, but then next weekend we have huge plans!
Next weekend is the WEBMU (Whiny Expat Blogger Meet Up). It is in Hamburg and is conveniently over my birthday. ;) I finally get to meet one blogger, Tiffany @ NOH (a fellow Texan I might add!), that I have become friends with because we just started chatting through our blogs (and then on Facebook). And I get to see some bloggers I haven't seen since the last meet up in Munich. Last year was a blast and I can't wait for this years! Especially since it is in Hamburg...Markus sister (and Amelia's godmother), Sabine, lives in Hamburg. She is really great. And my birthday present from her is that she'll watch after Amelia Saturday night (so that Markus and I can hit up some gay bars with the Expats) AND Sunday night (so that Markus can take me out for my b-day...hint, hint Markus). So excited!
Then, two days after we get back from Hamburg, my mom comes!! Talk about an action packed September!! Can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, cool, you got to see Hansi and Doris! They are great. Hope they're doing well.
ReplyDelete