Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dear Amelia

Dear Amelia,

Tomorrow you are going to be a whole 2 months old! Where has the time gone! You are getting bigger and stronger and cuter by the minute. Right now you are snoozing next to me on the couch. Lately though, you've really only like snoozing on mommy or daddy's chest. That's pretty nice, but after a while, mommy and daddy's backs hurt and when we try to put you down, you are wide awake. So, daddy tricked you last night and laid you down on your tummy and you just kept right on snoozing. Yay for daddy!

In the past month, you have been doing some awesome things! You have started smiling more and more....and you realize what you are smiling at. Also, you are beginning to laugh. No sound is coming out yet, but pretty soon, you'll be giggling with the best of them. You REALLY like it when mommy sticks her tongue out at you. You think that is just hilarious. Also, you LOVE baby massages! You smile the entire time, and then afterward, you are so relaxed, you pass out for a couple of hours. However, whenever mommy wants to take a picture of you smiling, you find the camera just so interesting, you stop smiling and you just stare at the camera.

Your little neck muscles are getting stronger too. You are holding your head much better than a month ago. It is still just a bit wobbly, but not as wobbly as before. :)

Things are much more interesting, probably because you can see them better. One thing that you absolutely love are lights. You can stare at them for hours...well, really minutes, but it probably seems like hours to you. I can't wait to take you to the Christmas Markets here in Germany to look at all the new things, and I think you are going to go nuts with all the lights in the US. They love their Christmas lights! Grandpa and Grandma are getting the Christmas tree ready, and don't you worry, there will be plenty of lights on it!

"So full of milk...can't smile, must look at that interesting thing mommy has in front of her face...woah...interesting..."


Some things that I have realized about you is that if you don't really get two or three good naps in during the day, you are up a couple of times at night...however, if you do get your naps in, you sleep through the night. It doesn't really seem too logical, but hey, that's what you do.

You are just a growing little bug! You now weigh 4590 grams (10.3 pounds)...I'm not quite sure how long you are, but I've had to pack away your newborn clothes already. Your just too long, and your giant feet don't fit in them anymore!

What is also cool is that a) your hair isn't falling out like most people said would happen and b) it is getting a lot lighter. So you just might have blond curly hair! Mommy knows absolutely nothing about styling curly hair, I'll have to get some tips from Aunt Sabine.

All in all, you are a pretty awesome baby! You're pretty cool whenever we go anywhere. You just want to look around and take everything in. It is quite adorable.

Sweet little baby toes...
I can't wait to see what the next month will bring us. You are just growing and growing, I just have to keep telling myself to remember all of these little things since before I know it, you are going to be going to college.


I love you to bits and pieces,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. She has such big feet!!!! She is going to be a tall one I guess! On the daytime napping thing -totally the same for us. If Max doesn't nap during the day, he is so wound up by bed time, he is much more likely to be fractious and tossing and turning at night. I think it's normal. Some parenting manuals say you should wake them if they nap too long or at the wrong time during the day otherwise they won't sleep at night but I have never thought that was a good idea for Max at all. Sometimes he decides he wants to take a 3 or even 4 hour nap after lunch (i.e. most of the afternoon), I let him, and it never causes problems for him going to bed at 7. Amelia is gorgeous by the way - so pretty and dark. Don't you want to keep her dark curls?

    ReplyDelete