Last night Markus and I went to a birthday party for Markus' cousins. This was a pretty special birthday too. They are triplets and were celebrating their 90th birthday...get it? I thought it was cute. It was loads of fun, and we were there without Amelia...for the first time ever. She was chillin' with Oma and Opa. I had pumped, which was a good thing, since she got a bit hungry while we were away.
So, the party. It was great fun. Seeing some people that I haven't seen in a while, and meeting some new people. It was nice. I'm a bit hoarse from talking so much. I even had a beer and a half. That was nice...and yes, I was a bit tipsy. I got to watch Johannes and Tobi kick some ass at fussball (or kicker for you German folks). That is always fun. They get so serious and they have this stance...I really wish I had my camera on me last night so that I could have documented this.
All in all, loads of fun...but there was one thing on my mind all night. Yup, that's right...Amelia. This was the first time that I left her at Oma and Opa's for an extended period of time. Yeah, I got my hair cut last Friday and she chilled with Oma...but that was only about 45 minutes. And I have left her at home with Markus while I went to the store and that was maybe an hour and a half....This time it was a whole 4 hours.
I know, I know. Having some time without her around is nice...but I really missed her. This was the longest I've been away from her since the first night when she had to be under observation for 12ish hours. We got to the party at about 8pm, and at around midnight, I couldn't take it anymore...I had to get back to my little girl. I think all moms who leave their kids for the first time can totally understand this. I am sure it will get a bit easier as she gets older, but right now, at only 9 weeks, it is pretty hard to leave her. She is just my precious little pea and I want to be there for everything! :) We'll see how the next time goes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment