Hello all! That time has come...Amelia is starting to eat real food...not just booby. We started off with some carrots yesterday. She ate roughly 8 or so spoonfuls, seemed to like it, but not really. So, I thought I would start her off on the bland stuff today. We started with grieß brei (semolina cereal) and good lord, this kid LOVED it! She kept wanting more and more. She ate only about 30 ml or so of it, but that ain't too bad for a first go at it (I think). It was completely mixed with breast milk, so there was that familiar taste. So, I think we'll be doing just plain grieß brei for about a week or so, and then adding in flavors like carrot, sweet potato, apple, banana, etc. Exciting! However, Markus did ask if we could breast feed her fully until she is potty trained...no such luck my love...no such luck ;).
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah for Amelia!!
ReplyDeleteAh if only you could produce enough breast milk to actually satisfy her until that point. That would be the big trick! Breast feeding is super practical, though, isn't it? Meals ready whenever your little one is, completely portable and always just the right temperature. We had to start feeding Mack real food just because the breast milk wasn't nearly enough for her to be full. That was around 6 months old I guess. She still loves pretty much all foods...and I can only hope it stays that way forever lol.
Hey Tiffany...well, yeah...this was just the first...and the second to last meal that she got...she decided that she does not want to start solids and that she just loves mommy so much, she doesn't want to stop the booby. So, we are just going to really wait until she's 6 months and give it another go. Charlie was pretty happy about her not liking the food though...he got the leftovers. :)
ReplyDelete