Saturday, February 6, 2010

Corn yogurt anyone??

Anyone? Well, what about popcorn yogurt? You don't think I'm serious?

Let me tell you a little story...

I was at the store (Karufland) today and I wanted to get some Froop...my new yogurt obsession that was on sale this week. (If you live in Germany and you haven't tried it yet, you MUST! It is so good!) Well, they were sold out...darn! So I went for my other favorite...Almighurt. It is also amazingly good. During the different seasons, they usually have some sort of seasonal flavor. My favorite of those is when they do sometging with pomegranate or cranberry...YUM!

So I head over to where the Almighurt is going f or the normal ones, peach-passion fruit and strawberry. When all of a sudden I see it. Corn yogurt. Are my eyes deceiving me? Nope. Corn yogurt. Oh, and what is that next to it? Yup, that's popcorn yogurt.

Now, I must admit, I nearly pee myself laughing. This is hilarious! Are they serious? I thought Germans only put corn on things and then call it Mexican. So, is this their take on Mexican yogurt? Nope. I have no idea what they were thinking. Markus thinks it is a joke for Fasching, but really. They will spend million on making this crap, but hey, it did get me to write about it on my blog didn't it?

Video of my taste test (I'm kind of glad I have a cold right now and can't really taste):

Video of Charlie's taste test...he eats everything, so he is not a real good judge of taste (BTW: he was just too excited to sit when I told him...):


Would you want to eat corn or popcorn yogurt? Yeah. I thought so.

Actually from what I've been reading from some German blogs...people actually like this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Havent noticed that in our shops, but do know the brand..
    Always make sure you dont eat any product with Aspartame in them...
    I landed up in hospital over New Year, have suspected MS and was told to stop all product with Aspartame in them, and guess what...my yogurt,pudding, sweeteners etc had them in...

    ReplyDelete