I got a Kitchen Aid mixer in Gloss Cinnamon from Markus for Christmas, and I just pucked it up today. We ordered it from the QVC in the US, since it came out to be about 200 Euro compared to about 600 Euro in every store here. My lovely friend Alice is letting me borrow her 750 Watt transformer until I can get one of my own. This is truly a lovely piece of artwork. Not to think about what the first thing I'm going to make is...cookies...a cake...muffins...oh, the options are endless!
How lovely!
So jealous ....I miss mine so much! I can't believe how expensive they are here! Did you have to pay VAT? I'd be afraid I'd fry it! Love the color!
ReplyDeleteThe colour is amazing! We have one which is a nice 70s cream colour but, the thing is an original from then! That's how long they last! The design hasn't even changed a bit either. Amazing machines. Only problem - they are bloody heavy! Hope to see you next week! x
ReplyDeleteI miss my Kitchen Aid mixer SO much! It's still sitting in storage in the U.S. with my other stuff and we are debating as to whether or not we will include it when I ship my stuff over here. Can you really use the transformer? I'll be curious to see how it works for you. You may have just given me a lot of hope! LOL! And yeah, those things are insanely expensive here. :-(
ReplyDeleteIt was quite a year for Kitchen Aids because I got one too! Hubby's parents brought us one from the US and it works beautifully on a transformer. I cannot believe how insanely expensive they are over here. The shipping must have cost a fortune. The in-laws actually brought ours back on the plane with them from Florida. SO glad the baggage guys took it easy with that package!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your awesome new gift...LOVE the color!
Carla: My mom has one of the originals...I would have gotten it had I stayed in the US...but alas, I didn't. So I had to get my own. :)
ReplyDeleteJen: The transformer is WONDERFUL! Get one. It will save you loads of $$ in the long run...especially if the only thing you use it for is the KitchenAid. It works like a dream...Love it!
Tiffany: Nope, shipping not expensive at all...about $16...because I have a wonderful friend who let me send it to her APO...Well, I sent it to her as a "gift" and she re-gifted it to me...so it's legal and all. ;)