Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dear Amelia

Oh my dear precious Amelia,

You are just a little wonder to your daddy and me. I know I haven't written you a note in a while, but we've been busy (and mommy's been pretty tired lately, but more on that in a bit). Everyday you seem to do something new and with every smile, you melt our hearts jsut that much more. You are an absolute joy...well, when you're not crying, but even then you make this cute little face because you are just so mad. :) It is those cute little face that helps me get through those hiccups.

So what wonderous things are you doing now? Well, let's see. You are holding your head like an absolute champ now. You really don't want to lie down anymore, you are all about sitting or standing when someone holds you up. You love it when I hold you in a standing position on my stomach...but you also have this habit of puking when in that position....but I have come to expect this, so there's almost always a towel. When you are lying down and you want to sit up, you do a little crunch and makethe most adorable face like you're trying to poop or something. We are about to have to change the stroller top from the bassinet to the seat. However, I tend to just strap you into the Ergo Baby...especially on those walks with Charlie...it's just easier. You can look around or pass out...you tend to do both.

Mommy got you the most wonderful thing...the Fisher Price Jumperoo. You love being in it for 15 or so minutes, and mommy loves it too since she can do something for 15 minutes or so...quite nice. You love the little monkey that is on it, and the spiny lizzard thing too. Oh, and the bouncing! Your little feet are too cute, especially when you've got your little bunny slippers on...too cute!



Your smile is just about the greatest thing on the planet! With every smile I love you more. I know. I love you so much already, how could I possibly love you even more, but I do. Oh, and your hair is just all over the place. It is about 4 inches and CURLY! No idea what to do with it, but we have to comb through it every morning otherwise you end up getting these lovely little dreadlocks in the back. I'm definitely going to need some help once it starts getting thicker and curlier. Luckily Tammy sent me a great blog that will help out when the time comes.



You are grabbing things that are right in front of you. You have such great control of your hands it is amaying. The other day, and every day since then, you have taken your puckie, and examined it very closely and then stuck it in your mouth...the right way! You were a bit shocked the first few times, and your little finger was still in your mouth with the puckie, so you ended up kind of flinging your puckie away. It is really cute to see how you so very closely examine things that are in your hands or right in front of you.



When we are in Hirschau (where Oma and Opa live) you LOVE looking out the window at al the cars and people that pass by. When the cars that have their lights on go by, you follow them closely. Oma likes that you love looking out the window, since she loves looking out the window too.

You and Charlie are just the best of friends. He comes over and licks your hands like crazy...you sit there and let him and thr try to grab his slimy tongue. Pretty cute! You don't mind when he comes over and gives you kisses on your head or your face. I'm pretty sure that he can't wait until you are starting to eat solid foods since another one of your activities is throwing stuff on the floor. No worries thoug...Charie will be there to eat/lick/pick it up. He is already good at picking up all your toys you throw on the ground. Of course, he wants to play a game in which he'll only give it to you if you trade him for a treat. That cheeky little puppy of ours! You still love being swaddled. I've tried to get you to sleep without the swaddle, but most of the time, you have to have it. Right now, though, you are sleeping next to me without a swaddle...but it is probably because you were passed out in the Ergo Baby and I just laid you down. But, you'll probably want to be swaddled until you are about 18 at the rate we're going!

Sleeping is another issue. I have tried to give you a bottle of formula before bed, and you played along for a couple of nights, but then you decided that you just didnÄt like the taste of formula anymore and gave the cutest little face basically saying, "Eeek...what is this crap!?!?!?". So then I tried it with a bottle of mommy milk so that your tummy would be nice anf full. That didn't work either. You still woke up about 3 times. So, now, I've given in. I am coming to terms that I will be sleep deprived for a few years.

You are also going to have loads of friends by the way...it seems that now all of mommy and daddy's friends are starting to have babies! YAY! Katrin and Matthias will be having a little boy in May (due on daddy's birthday!) and Ramona and MAtthias will be having a little girl in August! How exciting! They'll be here just in time for your birhtday! What a present! You'll have to be the good older friend and teach them mostly good habits...not too many of the bad :). You can probably also teach them a bit of English once they get older....I'm betting you'll be pretty popular in school because of this little advantage. BTW: Mommy and daddy are completely jealous that you are growing up bilingual.
Amelia has a thing for alcohol free beer...


There are many things that are going to be happening in the coming weeks, it is just so exciting! We are going ot be starting you on "solid" foods here soon. I'm thinking a bit after your 5 month birthday, but we'll have to see. We'll ask the doctor and see what she says. It will be highly milked down with mommy goodness, so we'll give it a go and see how you like it. I'm thinking your first taste should be carrots. Bring on the orange poop!

Alrighty my little sweet pea, this is all for now. Mommy will try to be more on top of it in the future and try to write you more. :)

I love you to bits and pieces!
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment