There is this awesome website called grafyardsales.com, and it is basically a site for Americans (ok, for the Americans over here for military reasons, but there isn't a password or anything, so it is really open for everyone). It tells you when yard sales are coming up. They have listings for stuff that people are trying to sell...cars, furniture, baby stuff, electronics...you get the picture. It's like a craigslist for the local community here.
I've gotten some things off of there. I got an extra transformer to have as a back up. Then I tried to restrain myself because this site is dangerous...as in dangerous for my wallet. Well, the deal that I found, I definitely COULDN'T pass up.
It was a toddler slide!! A 2-step toddler slide! I couldn't believe it. I e-mailed the seller right away and asked how much she wanted for it...6 Euro!! Sold!!
Amelia is a bit of a slide-a-holic, so this will definitely take care of her addiction. It fits on the balcony for when we are having lovely weather, and when the weather is crap, we can have it inside. When she first saw it, she kept repeating, "Slide, slide, slide"...over and over and over and over. I think she liked it. So, this is the best 6 Euro that I have spent in a while! :)
So awesome....the slide & the cool yard sales site :)
ReplyDeleteStupid US military for closing down pretty much all the bases in our area. ;(