Today, when I went over to our local Nah & Gut (it's a grocery store) to pick up some eggs and some noodles. Just a quick pop in with Amelia. Our lovely bakery lady was there. Amelia LOVES Frau Sander. Sometimes, Amelia gets a free soft pretzel, which is one way to my daughter's heart. Another way (and I think it is the way to most kids hearts) is chocolate.
When we walked in to the store today, there were two guys behind us, two handymen on their way home from work, heading in to the store too. Amelia just kept giving them smiles and laughing at them. I think they were making faces or so at her...it was super cute. So, we greeted Frau Sander and headed to pick up our eggs and noodles then headed for the register. Amelia was carrying her "Fred" (her teddy bear...and yes, I named him Fred...and yes, she calls him Fred now) and her kangaroo (no name yet...Markus is slacking on the name). Anywho, heading over to the register, she dropped her kangaroo and one of the nice handy men picked it up for her...she was just starring at him and smiling...I told her, "Say, 'Danke'." She didn't...she's only a say on command type girl when she wants to be. So, I then asked her to blow him a kiss...she did this and smiled and gave a little laugh, and I think that totally melted his heart. He ended up asking if it was ok if he bought her a little chocolate bar. I told him of course. He ended up buying her two, "One for each hand".
It was just so sweet and such a random act of kindness. Amelia was totally excited to get a whole (mini) candy bar to herself. She started eating it pretty much right away and ate on it all the way home (which was maybe 50 or so meters). She usually wants to be carried home, but not today.
It was such a lovely gesture that I thought I would just share with you about this very nice handy man. It pretty much made my day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment