Monday, May 18, 2009

Back from the US

So, yesterday I got back into Germany from my two and a half week stint in the States. The trip was great. I got to see some old friends...and unfortunately didn't have time to see the masses of others that I really wanted to see too!

Markus did a decent job at keeping my plants alive...however, he doesn't seem to understand that some plants need a bit more than 1 millimeter of water every 4 days to stay alive. Luckily, he only killed two. I must add, those two were pretty much on their last leg. He did forget about the rosemary and the chives that were in the kitchen...there's no saving those. but they are easily replaceable...well, they all are replaceable really.

Some things that I learned on my trip is that patience is a wonderful thing to have. Luckily, I am one of those people who's very patient (at least I'd like to think so). Case in point...the flight from Frankfurt to Nuremberg was a bit dramatic. We were on the tarmac and in line to take off, but then had to go back to the gate because something was faulty with the steering. They wanted to fix it at the gate, but after 45 minutes, no luck, so we had to change planes. Some people were absolutely raging! They were yelling at the poor flight crew that this should have been checked out before we boarded and blah blah blah. Whatever...you have to plan for delays like this on trips! Hey, they were giving out free yummy chocolate! I would do whatever they wanted! So we ended up having to change planes and made it to Nuremberg 2 hours late.

I don't really remember taking off. I remember sitting down and reading my book a bit, then closing my eyes...the captain got on and said something that I don't really remember, and then we were landing. Weird. But that is what jet-lag will do to you.

So, now, I guess I should go and unpack...but what I really want to do is watch some shows that I recorded via the slingbox! Packing must wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment