Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Things I LOVE in the US

Ok, so since I went on a rant about things that I can't stand about the US, I figured I'd give a few things that I absolutely LOVE and wish that Germany would incorporate...it would be hard, but it would also make Germany that much more awesome.

1.  FREE REFILLS!
I LOVE THIS!  I'm getting spoiled over here with free refills of Iced Tea...and speaking of...

2. ICED TEA
This is the most wonderful drink on the face of the planet and I plan on making it in Germany...I even bought ice cube trays just for this purpose!  Mmmm...with a wedge or two of lemon and a bit of sugar....nothing beats it!

3. FREE CHIPS AND SALSA*
If Germany could benefit of one thing, it would be free chips and salsa at restaurants...or free bread sticks...I'm not picky!  Just a little something while you wait.  *This could be the pregnancy talking though...

Ok, so the post about the negative things here had to deal with bathrooms and this one with food...makes you think, huh? :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, they do have this at Ikea in Germany! On the other hand, I think in the US the drinks portions are far too big anyhow... and look carefully at the free refills: it is only with (really low quality) coffee and those high-sugar pop beverages. You aren't likely to get free refills of espresso or Burgundy!
    Ice tea is available here in the supermarkets, but let's face it-- the weather is not usually warm enough to really need it!
    OK, I admit I miss chips and salsa.. on the other hand, most decent restaurants here do provide a round of bread as an hors-doeuvre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I didn't know I could get the really big jars at IKEA! That is wonderful! And you are right in saying that the drink sizes are WAY too big...but they do give free water and free refills on that gross water. I am more in to the iced tea though (that's probably the Texan in me as I can drink that with any weather). It would be nice if they had bottomless refills of wine...that would probably be my favorite restaurant! :)

    ReplyDelete