Unfortunately I was on a plane during Eurovision this year, but I do like watching it. It is filled with crappy Euro music that would absolutely NOT make the charts in the States...not to say that is a bad thing. There are many musicians that I find I really enjoy over here and they are not on the charts in the States, but I feel if Americans were exposed to their music, they'd love it (even if they couldn't understand the words). My best example of this is Peter Fox. I think he rocks and so do the Americans that I made listen to his songs. They really did like him. The video is awesomely weird. Plus, he's got that hot Berliner look going on.
Now to the Eurovision. Seriously? Germany thought they would try to sex it up with Ditta von Teese, but in the end came in the bottom somewhere. Plus, the song, Ms Kiss Kiss Bang...well, it was ok, but I am not sure if you're going to hear it on the radio like Texas Lightening's song (they represented Germany a few years back). It is a weird video that I found on you tube, but it'll do. Ok, the song wasn't too too bad.
Most of the time, the groups that are up are freaking weird. I forget who it was, but they were, I believe from Finland. It was a group fromt the underworld...they were awful according to this American, but some of my German friends loved them. Weird. Anywho, on to the winner of Eurovision 2009. That would be Norway with their violin playing Harry Potter look-alike. The song is AWFUL! Seriously awful! I wonder what Simon Cowell would say....hmmm...
What did you think of Eurovision?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment