Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In the U.S. of A

I'm in the US right now, hence the lack of posts, but I had a bit of time on my hands, and I thought I would write a little something.

There's something that has been on my mind since I first used the public restrooms on this post, and so I thought I'd go on a little rant about things that I DIDN'T miss about the US.

1. PUBLIC RESTROOMS!
This is the obvious first annoyance.  Why oh why in this Puritan society of ours is there almost ALWAYS a half inch to one inch gap between the door and the surrounding wall of public restrooms?  This has really been a mystery to me, but seriously?  Some of the toilets you sit on have you sitting right smack in the middle of one of these lovely gaps...and what do some people do as they walk by?  The give a little look-see.  Good lord!  I don't think that it would cost that much more to put a plastic thing there to cover the gap.  

2. AUTOMATIC FLUSHING TOILETS
Seriously, I can flush by myself!  I am an adult.  If I don't want to touch the flusher with my hand, I'll hit it with my foot.  Even if places have these automatic flushing toilets, most of the time they don't work properly.  Either they don't flush, so you have to push that little button to make it flush (which happened at Target, and thus defeating the purpose), or it flushes eleventy billion times while you're still sitting on the pot (like what happened to me today in the Phoenix Airport).  Seriously, I'll flush myself.  I will wash my hands and/or use hand sanitizer.  

I'm pretty sure that there will be a couple more to add to this list as the trip goes on.  But these are two of the major ones. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment