Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Great Hiking Weekend...Part I

Markus and I had a wonderful weekend of hiking. On Saturday we went to an area close to us that was supposedly voted the best forest in Germany...I think that the local forest club got together and rigged the vote. It was nice, but I've seen better. We decided to leave the stroller in the car since it probably wouldn't be able to handle the paths. We had Amelia on our shoulders or she walked around a bit. By the middle of the hike...after a really steep part, she passed out. We were only half way through...great...we're carrying a sack of potatoes the rest of the way. Markus remembered a shortcut he saw on the map, so we took that. It got us back to the main road pretty quick.





Luckily, right when we got to the road, there was an overgrown parking lot (since they just built a new one up the road where we were parked) and there was a bench...kind of a rotting bench, but nonetheless a bench. So, Amelia and I chilled on the bench and Markus walked along the road to get the car and pick us up since she was totally passed out and I didn't feel too safe walking along the road with Amelia.



Funny thing happened when Markus came to pick us up. I guess a police car drove by. They were turning around at the parking lot where we were parked and then noticed Markus walking towards the car. They stopped him and asked if "that lady and baby belonged to him". He responded, "Yes, the little one just fell asleep and I am picking up the car." I like that the police are very perceptive and were going to come and ask me if everything was ok. Polizei, dein Freund und Hilfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment