Amelia and I are in Texas for Halloween and Thanksgiving...that's right 5 (!!!) weeks! It is freaking hot! End of October and it is still 90 degrees Farenheit! That's crazy! And me being a genius, forgot to bring shorts...at least I remembered really warm weather stuff for Amelia!
"There's our plane!"

The flight over was GREAT! Despite the fact that we had to leave the house at 4:30am to be at the airport by 5:30 to catch a flight that was at 6:50, Amelia did surprisingly well. She slept most of the first flight, which was only about an hour, was pretty much awake and in a great mood while we had our layover in Amsterdam, and then passed out after take-off on the long-haul flight. This flight was pretty good. We had an ENTIRE 3-seat row to ourselves! I made a little tent type thing for Amelia so that it would be a bit darker...it was darker than in the photos since in the picture I had to use the flash... She slept for about an hour and a half the first time (enough time for me to eat the meal and watch a movie!) and then was up for about 3 or so hours and fell asleep for another hour and a half. I tried my hardest to sleep too, but it just didn't happen for me.
Amelia's tent

When we got to Texas it was awesome! It is HOT! I mean, seriously...I think it wasn't even this warm in Germany during our hottest days. This is great! Amelia is loving running around barefoot and being able to be outside without having to be packed into loads of clothes. And did I mention being barefoot? This is her new favorite thing. It is cute to see her feel new textures with her feet. When she got into the grass for the first time, the look on her face was priceless...and then being able to go and play in a puddle at the park...great!
Feeding the ducks with Mommy!

Today we were at the park all morning to feed the ducks, splash with our hands in the water look at stuff, and most importantly, soak up some rays...this always helps with getting over jet-lag. I think she is doing really well though. Last night, she went to bed at around 7:30pm, slept until about 3am, was up for an hour and a half and then slept until about 7:15. I consider this a success! I, on the other hand, am not doing as great. I was up from about 2-5 and couldn't really sleep, so as soon as this post is done, I'm taking a nap.
One cool duck!

Feeding the pigeons

The squirrel wanted in on the bread action too...

The train at Hermann Park

Puddles!!!

A couple of videos too from today...
So, so far, in the first 24-hours, things are going great!
Home for Thanksgiving. Yum! Have some for me and have a great vacation.
ReplyDelete