Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Park and Chestnuts

A big thing to do here when fall arrives is to go an collect chestnuts (Markus said that when he was a kid, a hunter in his village paid the kids 10 DM per large bag of chestnuts they brought him...awesome for the kiddos!). These aren't the kind of chestnuts that you can eat, these are just the decorative kind. I don't know if I'd go around collecting the other kind...the one time I ate them, I almost gagged...but that's besides the point. When we got to the park, we were just going to go to the playground and have a good ol' time, but then I saw a family out collecting chestnuts and I thought that Amelia and I could give it a try. She got the basic idea, but wasn't too thrilled by it. She did pick a few up and either a) threw them or b) actually put them in the bag. It was quite sweet. Then she got distracted by flowers. I don't blame her. They are much easier to see.
"Woohoo! The Park!"
Picking up chestnuts...Inspecting the chestnuts...Daisies are much more interesting"Ohhhh look! A playground!"
After about 45 minutes on the search for chestnuts (and 2 large poop bags later...I only had poop bags on me to put them in...another plus of having a dog!), we finally made our way over to the playground. She loves this playground. There is a slide, rocking things, a rope tower thing for climbing and, of course, loads of sand.

Trying to decide which thing to play with first...
The rocking things won...Then the rope climbing toyThen, of course, the sand..."Look mom! Sand!!"One of my favs of her playing in the sand...
When we came home, it was time for mommy to have some coffee...a cappuccino to be exact. I got mine and Amelia got her kinder cappuccino, which is just frothed milk. She loves those things (even though in this picture, she looks a bit in shock...I just distracted her from playing with her spoons long enough to take the picture...not the best, but pretty cute anyways...).
All in all, we had a pretty good day. Markus called to say that he would be home late...like 7 or 7:30...so I planned on taking Amelia back to the park, but someone decided that she would rather take a nap...which was fine by me! But she did go to bed an hour later than usual...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect Autumn day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clair loves collecting chestnuts. I know where every tree is between our place and the playground because she picks the ground clean each time we walk by. It's a very slow walk.

    ReplyDelete